The Annual Fund at High Point directly impacts the experience that our students have on campus each day. Unlike most schools, High Point does not have an operating gap. This means that all donations received by High Point do not go to balance the budget bottom line. Instead, your donations supplement programs, facility improvements and education opportunities for the High Point community.
Your generous contributions in 2018-2019, enabled High Point to engage in a beautiful interior remodel of all kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade classrooms. Our students and teachers currently are enjoying these remodeled and refurbished classrooms, including new carpeting, paint, upgraded cabinetry, cubbies, and flat screen interactive SmartBoards. Please click here to view a slideshow of the newly remodeled kindergarten-2nd grade classrooms.
Annual Fund 2019-2020 *****UPDATED*****
The 2019-2020 Annual Fund had been set to support the following projects in the summer of 2020:
- Remodel of our 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th grade classrooms
- Remodel of the World Language classroom
- Heart of Campus: Creation of a central plaza/community gathering space with a craftsman-inspired aesthetic that fosters social interactions.
- Art Studio Remodel: Our visual arts and design teacher, Zack Davis, along with our junior high students, collaborated with our architect to design an innovative art studio. The Art Studio was set to be the focus of the Spring Gala Paddle Raise in 2020.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic and the closure of our campus, the above-listed projects have been placed on hold for 2020. As we continue to comply with the "safer-at-home" policy, the High Point Administration and the Board of Trustees have postponed these projects until the summer of 2021.
Funds raised in the 2019-2020 school year will be earmarked for these projects, which are now scheduled for summer 2021. Additionally, some of the funds will be used to focus on essential facility upgrades occurring this spring and summer intended to enhance our community’s health, safety, and well-being:
- Athletic Field Repair
- Hand-Washing Units and Hand Sanitizer Stations
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) and Roofing
- Thorough and Deep Cleaning of Campus
- Install Expansive Steps, providing direct access from the Current Lunch Area to the K-2 Classrooms – This improvement will proceed once permitting is approved from the County of Los Angeles.
We are grateful for the High Point community’s continued philanthropy and support, which is instrumental in realizing these facilities upgrades that will enhance the educational and overall experience of all High Point students. The Annual Fund is an opportunity for the HPA community to come together and demonstrate our strong sense of community spirit and unity!
Every dollar, every gift, at any level, makes a difference and will enable
High Point to continue to update and enhance the campus.
As a donor, you receive a tax benefit and your generous contributions allow for our tuition to remain affordable for all families. Your participation is vital to key programs for our community, and it cements your legacy at High Point by providing for our students, and future generations of students. Thank you in advance for your generous support!
We invite you to make your donation today by clicking here.
Annual Fund Giving Levels
Soaring Eagle: $5,000 and above*
Golden Eagle: $2,500-$4,999**
Nest Egg: $500-$999
Blue & Gold Club: Up to $499
*Donors at the highest level are invited to a donor dinner with the Head of School.
**Donors at this level and above, are invited to a donor recognition reception.
Please contact Christina Pasten, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All donations to the Annual Fund are 100% tax-deductible.
High Point Academy is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Tax ID#23-7253533