High Point would like to remind everyone of our travel quarantine policy as families begin to consider possible travel plans for the Thanksgiving break. High Point Academy follows the CDC’s travel guidelines for quarantine for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Please see details regarding this policy below.
Unvaccinated Students travelling outside of California:
- Unvaccinated students who are travelling out of state must notify the School Nurse at email@example.com of their travel before their anticipated trip and include the student’s date of return to California.
- Unvaccinated students are required to have a COVID-19 PCR test 3-5 days after travel, and results must be sent to the School Nurse.
- The student is required to stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- If the student’s test results are negative, the student will be cleared by the School Nurse to return to campus on the 8th day post-travel.
- If a student chooses not to receive a COVID-19 test 3-5 days after travel, the student must remain at home for 10 days after travel.
- Unvaccinated students should avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether or not the student gets tested.
- Unvaccinated students should continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days after returning from travel; students should isolate and get tested if they develop symptoms.
Vaccinated Students* travelling outside of California or Internationally
- Fully vaccinated students*, and those students who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 3 months, do not need to quarantine and are not required to test after travelling outside of California.
- Students should monitor for any symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after their return and stay home and receive a COVID-19 test if they become symptomatic.
- Fully vaccinated students who travel internationally are not required to quarantine, but do need to receive a COVID-19 test 3-5 days after returning to the U.S.